COMMITTEES OF TÜRK EKONOMİ BANKASI A.Ş.
The Credit Committee extends loans in accordance with the rules of the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency and within the powers and limits specified by the Board of Directors.
Chairman : Dr. Akın AKBAYGİL
Vice Chairman : Jean-Milan Charles Dominique GIVADINOVITCH
Member : Varol CIVIL
Purposes of Establishment:
- To centralize audit systems, validate procedures, monitor and audit risks in the eight risk categories below:
- Credit and counterparty risk: Default by third parties
- Market and liquidity risk: Market price fluctuations
- Administrative risk: Appropriate administration of operations (including operational risk)
- Legal risk: Conformity with tax law and other legislation
- Accounting risk: Conformity with regulations and legally acceptable presentation of accounts
- IT risk: Adequacy and security of systems
- Human resources risk: Adequacy of staff with regard to quality and functions
- Reputation and commercial risk: Damage to Group’s image
- Determining risk policies and principles for the appropriate conduct of risk management, internal audit system and compliance;
- Monitoring the Group’s adequacy and effectiveness in internal controls and risk management and auditing accounting and reporting systems
- Taking necessary measures to ensure that the Board of Directors is informed of any incident or condition that may prevent the Bank from functioning in an uninterrupted manner or of any event that violates laws and regulations; and making recommendations periodically through reporting to the Board of Directors any measures required to be taken.
The committee meets at least once every two months.
Chairman : Jean-Milan Charles Dominique GIVADINOVITCH
Vice Chairman : Dr. Akın AKBAYGİL
Participation of Board Members and Committee Members in Meetings
According to Article 24 of the Articles of Association, in order for a meeting of the Board of Directors to be valid, at least seven (7) members must be present. Decisions shall be adopted by the affirmative votes of at least seven (7) members. The Board of Directors adopted 123 decisions, and the Audit Committee adopted 16 decisions in 2010. The participation of Board Members and Committee Members to meetings was at a satisfactory level.
Turkey's 1st Solar Branch
TEB became the author of another first. The first bank branch that uses solar energy for all its energy need provides service in İstanbul.
Turkey's 1st Solar Mobile ATM
Turkey's 1st Solar Mobile ATM, which is a first in banking sector, started to give service to our customers in 2010.
TEB Environment Club for Employees
The Club was created in order to raise TEB employees' awareness for environment, to find solutions for environmental problems together, and to make TEB employees active participants in environmental activities.